This is the main area for the game I made and did lighting for
These are the trees I made with the Unity tree creator
This is the ammo box I modeled and textured
This is the street light I modeled and textured
The Cul-de-sac I modeled and textured
These are the 4 textures I made, asphault, grass, concrete and tree bark
Our pipleline for the game was divided between programming and art. After agreeing upon the gameplay we looked at what assets needed to be made for a basic implementation and divided up who would do them, while the programers did their own thing.
I was in charge of making textures, modeling a few props, UV mapping, lighting and putting the level together. I made textures with Substance Designer and Substance Painter. I modeled and UV’d with Maya 2018. I made the trees with the Unity tree creator. And level building and lighting was done with Unity itself. We divided the work based on who knew how to do what. To keep track of things we setup a roadmap on Hacknplan. A hang-up in production was having to re-learn UV mapping, because the interface for that changed in the 2018 version of maya and I hadn’t learned it yet.
The game had less features than our original concept. The map was smaller and you never got to fight the Jersey Devil itself, just its minions. This changed because we ran out of time to make the map bigger and code the final fight. Our process was effective because people worked on what they’re good at, so we got good assets. And using Unity Collab helped us put the art assets and code together fairly well. We could have improved our workflow by better communicating on when someone is editing a scene in the game, there were a few times where some of us accidentally overrode each others work because we were working on the same scene.