1) For the first exercise I used the 3D layer option to make the text and background 3 dimensional. I then added a point light which would affect it differently depending on where the text is on the X,Y and Z axis
2) For the second video I used the color range key to remove drake from a green background, and I used a mask as a garbage matte to remove the green edges. I keyframed the position of drake so he doesn’t move with the video
3) For the third I applied 3 different effects to a Star Trek badge. I used CC Lens to round out the image and transform it back to normal, the liquify effect to distort the image, and Sphereize to push the image outward.
4) For the fourth exercise I found an image of a robot online and removed the background in photoshop, and saved it as a PNG to preserve the alpha channel. In after effects I used the puppet pin tool to animate him to wave
5) For the fifth exercise I made 5 different text compositions and applied a different text animation effect to each of them. I then put all 5 compositions together in a 6th composition so I could edit the position and timing of them easier